As a young fashion interested Norwegian woman I consider myself an expert when it comes to how to dress on cold days. I hate freezing, and wearing Uggs, polar gloves and a bubble jacket has never even been an option.. BUT there are solutions. Let's just say the climate over the polar circle have left me with plenty of time to figure out how to dress well without getting frostbite as soon as I walk out the door.
I decided to put together this guide for you in hope that it will give you some good tips and inspire you to look your best this winter without getting a cold.
Let me know what you think in the comment field below!
1. Invest in a chunky winter coat. It will definently make it easy for you to look cool and feel warm in an instant!
2. Polo sweaters are great to keep your chest and neck warm.
3. Knee or thigh high boots are super stylish and give you the opportunity to skip leggings while wearing your favorite skirts .
4. A leather jacket might be a bit cold in the winter, but what we often forget is that leather is practically windproof. Buy one with wool or fur lining or simply wear your summer jacket with a wool sweater underneath.
5. Even though it's cold outside you don't need to store away all your favorite summer clothes. Wear your shirts and sheer tops underneath a knitted sweater or coat to add an interesting detail to your outfit.
6. Switch out jersey with wool. Wool is an amazing fabric with the capacity to keep you warm even if it gets wet. Here I'm wearing a complete wool outfit. Even this high waisted midi skirt that I found at a second hand market is made of the fabric.
7. Scarves are the ultimate winter accessory. Tie one around your neck or wrap one around your shoulders.
8. And at last the most important: layering. When all comes to all the most effective way to keep warm is to layer your outfit, and it all starts with what's underneath. Wear wool instead of nylon stockings and put on wool underwear - both sweater, tights and socks - whenever you can. It will change your life. Put on several layers of sweaters and jackets and mix and match with scarves, hats and gloves. Create texture to your outfit by combining different materials. You will look amazing and never feel cold again.